Occupational Therapy Funding
Please review and contact these agencies to see if you are eligible for occupational therapy funding:
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) provides two Autism Funding Programs:
- Under Age 6 program provides families up to $22,000 per year per child to assist in purchasing eligible autism intervention services and therapies.
- Ages 6-18 program provides families up to $6,000 per year per child to assist them with the cost of purchasing eligible autism intervention services and therapies outside of school. This funding is in addition to the educational program and special education services provided through school boards.
PO Box 9776 Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria, BC V8W 9S5
The At Home Program assists parents with some of the disability-related costs of caring for a child with severe disabilities at home. Children may be eligible for full program benefits for a choice of respite or medical benefits.
Criteria for occupational therapy funding and other At-Home Program benefits:
- Child/youth assessed by an At Home Program assessor as dependent in at least three of four functional activities of daily living (eating, dressing, toileting and washing)
- Must be living at home with a parent or guardian.
PO Box 9763 Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria, BC V8W 9S5
Grants for Therapies, Bursaries, & Equipment
- All applications must be mailed
Grants Manager: Cathy Hunt
2000- 700 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1K9
To be considered a candidate for occupational therapy funding or other assistance, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Child (18 and under)
- Diagnosed physical or developmental disability
- Household annual income $70,000 or less
- Must be a Canadian citizen and/or have permanent resident status in Canada
Grants for Specialized Therapy, Dental or Orthodontic Treatment, Bursaries, Equipment, and Medical/therapeutic supplies
Variety helps children who meet the following criteria:
- Children from 0 to 18 years of age.
- B.C. or Yukon resident for a minimum of three months with a valid Health Care Card.
- Qualified special need as by a designated professional.
- Financial circumstance that limits the ability to afford the item or service required.
4300 Still Creek Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6
- Special Equipment: wheelchairs, splints, braces, van hoists, and ramps
- Prosthesis: artificial limbs and orthotic devices, prosthetics
- Accommodations: for the child and an accompanying family member to stay during medical or rehabilitative treatments
Toll Free: 1-800-818-3666